For the 5E bottom line delivery:
- Economics – sustainable business model producing superior investment returns from projects
- Efficiency – resource and energy efficient technologies, projects, processes and measures
- Energy – renewable, efficient and low emissions technologies
- Environment – local air pollution reduction and greenhouse gas emissions reductions combating global climate change
- Equity – equitable access for all, not just the few, to the financial benefits of projects
We originate, design, raise finance for and deliver sustainable projects for commercial, community and environmental benefit together with a range of partners – academic, research, engineering, financial and communities.
Our activities cover:
- Resource and energy efficiency engineering and economic assessments
- Energy and carbon savings opportunities audits and advisory
- Economic and financial assessment and modelling of project viability and returns
- Energy efficient affordable new housing
- Later living housing combined with delivered at home care
- Buildings energy efficiency and carbon reduction retrofit
- Energy efficiency process improvements
- Renewable energy projects such as solar, wind, biomass, anaerobic digestion
- Environmental finance, carbon and other emissions trading, and offsetting
in a broad range of projects.
To do this we have over several years of research into the concept of Sustainability and work on real projects, developed 5 dedicated tools:
- 5E – Economics, Efficiency, Energy, Environment and Equity – as a five point bottom line delivery basis of Sustainability Standards for projects we engage in
- REEF – Resource and Energy – our embedded approach to Sustainability and Resource Efficiency
- ReEnt – Reversible Entropy – using this robust science based approach to Sustainability Delivery of REEF in project processes
- PPC – Public Private and Community – a unique structured finance method of funding projects with participation of, and benefits accruing to, all stakeholders including the people in the local community where projects are executed not just remote capital investors
- SAT – Sustainability Assessment Tool – a detailed in house spreadsheet model of all sustainability outputs of a project, using the 5E methodology, designed to ensure that all projects we engage with meet our demanding Sustainability Standards
We engage in projects typically in the following stages:
- Project origination – with and on behalf of partners
- Feasibility analysis – evaluate the 5E deliverables
- Engineering design – with Universities, Research Institutes, engineers and our partners
- Financial modelling – with an emphasis on risk modelling and economic value added
- Finance raising – on a whole of market basis. GeoCapita is constitutionally independent and not tied to any one financial group
- Investment – arranging own and community investments into suitable projects
- Community participation – community share offers in locations where we carry out projects and more broadly
- Project construction/installation – we carry out a Project Management oversight of all projects we engage in.
- Project ownership and operation – we participate in the long term ownership and operation of projects
- Project operational performance and reporting – we provide oversight and independent reporting on all projects we participate in
- Carbon abatement origination and trading – where feasible we originate abatement and market this on carbon and other markets
- Delivery of Community benefits – we provide a charitable donation from our own profits to community benefits in locations where we undertake projects. Typically this is in the form of payments to alleviate fuel poverty in most needy families.
GeoCapita Ltd is registered as a Mutual with the Financial Conduct Authority in London and is a member of the International Cooperative Alliance and subscribes to its code of conduct.